ISIT 444 Automation/Configuration & Management • 5 Cr.
Introduces the concepts and application of basic scripting to monitor and collect logs in relation to servers and the associated services. Topics include scripting, logging, automation and system management. Prerequisite: IT 128, TECH 223, NSCOM 202, NSCOM 227 and admission to the Cyber Security and Systems Administration concentration of the BAS IST program, or permission of the instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Apply debugging techniques
- Describe and apply scripting techniques for simple administrative tasks
- Apply source code control systems for change management in various environments
- Identify and apply best practices for system logging
- Identify and apply best practices for system monitoring
- Identify and apply best practices for system automation
- Apply logging, monitoring and automation techniques in a homogenous environment