ISIT 490 ISIT Capstone I • 5 Cr.
This course provides practical experience in information systems and technology. Students apply knowledge and skills learned in classes as they work in settings relevant to their future employment plans. This is part 1 of a 2 quarter series (ISIT 490 and ISIT 491) and is intended to be taken during the last two quarters of the program. Prerequisite: Permission of the instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Integrate skills and knowledge acquired from different courses and experiences.
- Develop and implement a project plan following appropriate methods and tools.
- Evaluate, develop and apply effective methods to manage project milestones and timelines.
- Demonstrate technical competency in completing deliverables.
- Work productively in a team environment communicating appropriately with all team members.
- Develop an effective report and presentation commensurate with the scope and complexity of the project.
- Present information in an effective format and discuss issues using a constructive approach.
- Demonstrate an in-depth and integrated understanding of the complexity of information technology and systems to peers and faculty