IT 128 Information Security Essentials • 5 Cr.
Introduces concepts and issues related to securing information systems and the development of policies to implement information security controls. Topics include security vulnerabilities, threats, defense measures, and the legal and ethical issues associated with information security. Students will learn how to apply security best practices in multiple security architectures. Recommended: IT 117 or IT 103 or equivalent course work or experience.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws and regulations.
- Identify risk and participate in risk mitigation.
- Provide infrastructure, application, operational and information security.
- Apply security controls to maintain confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Identify appropriate security technologies and products.