MATH& 153 Calculus III • 5 Cr.
Emphasizes the study of infinite sequences and series including power series. Topics include plane analytic geometry, graphing in polar coordinates, and an introduction to vectors. Fulfills the quantitative or symbolic reasoning course requirement at BC. Prerequisite: Placement by assessment or MATH& 152 or higher, with a C or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Calculate and apply derivatives and integrals in the contexts of polar coordinates and parametric equations coordinates.
- Explain the meaning of the convergence and divergence of sequences and series.
- Determine the convergence or divergence of numerical series by applying a variety of convergence tests.
- Determine power series for common functions.
- Apply vector operations in two and three dimensions.