MBS 455 Advanced Methods in Molecular Biology • 6 Cr.
Topics for this advanced lab class include molecular biology, protein biochemistry and immunochemistry techniques. Prerequisites: MBS 340 or equivalent with a C or higher, or permission of the instructor and admission into the BAS in Molecular Biosciences program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Competently use a variety of modern techniques in molecular biology
- Select appropriate instrumentation or techniques based on the sensitivity and precision required
- Design and carry out new molecular biology experiments
- Record and analyze the results of such experiments
- Communicate the results of their work to scientists and non-scientists
- Evaluate experimental results in molecular biology obtained from the scientific literature
- Fall 2020 (current quarter)