MBS 480 Senior Capstone Proposal • 1 Cr.
First course in a sequence of three senior level capstone classes. Students will select a research topic, formulate a relevant research question, choose a research mentor, and design a detailed plan to answer their research question. Prerequisites: Permission of the Program Chair of Molecular Biosciences program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Integrate knowledge and skills acquired in different courses
- Conduct a literature search to support a research proposal
- With demonstrated mastery of a specific topic, generate a relevant research question
- Research the availability and cost of all the materials needed to complete a proposal
- Prepare a written research proposal with clearly identified steps and its corresponding timeline
- Fall 2019 (current quarter)