MBS 481 Senior Capstone Project I • 4 Cr.
Second course in a sequence of three senior level capstone classes. Each student works on her/his research proposal developed during MBS 480, collecting and analyzing data, documenting results and completing approximately half of the project. Prerequisites: MBS 480 with a C or higher, or permission of the Program Chair of Molecular Biosciences.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Apply the scientific method to obtain the answer to a relevant research question
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the main topic of the research project
- Comply with ethical principles throughout the execution, documentation and analysis of the experiments
- Develop oral communication skills by way of the interactions with the mentor and others that might be involved in the project
- Document the cost of the materials used in the research and stay within the planned budget
- Winter 2020 (current quarter)