MBS 482 Senior Capstone Project II • 5 Cr.
Last course in the capstone project sequence where students complete their research. The project culminates with the preparation of a scientific poster and a seminar to be presented to the students and faculty in the Molecular Biosciences program. Prerequisites: MBS 481 with a C or higher, or permission of the Program Chair of Molecular Biosciences.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Apply the scientific method to obtain the answer to a relevant research question
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the main topic of the research project
- Comply with ethical principles throughout the execution, documentation and analysis of the experiments
- Document the cost of the materials used in the project and stay within the planned budget
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills by preparing a scientific poster and presenting the results of the project in a formal seminar
- Spring 2019 (current quarter)