MKTG 102 Intro to Digital Marketing Platforms • 5 Cr.
Provides an introduction to digital marketing concepts and how they can be used in a larger integrated marketing campaign. Students explore search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), display advertising, online video, social media, mobile marketing, content creation, ecommerce, and digital measurement/analytics.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Establish basic web site design and user experience principles to critique ecommerce implementations
- Build search engine marketing campaigns (SEM) to drive traffic to an ecommerce site
- Implement search engine optimization (SEO) choices to improve search engine results page results
- Evaluate when to employ paid, owned and earned media in various marketing efforts
- Design an integrated marketing plan, with an emphasis on digital marketing tactics