MKTG 103 Intro to Sports Marketing • 2 Cr.
Provides an introduction to the exciting world of sports marketing, as well as the career paths that are available to skilled marketing practitioners. This class complements Introduction to Marketing and Introduction to Digital Marketing Platforms, and offers students the chance to build integrated marketing plans that are specific to the sports industry. Prerequisite: MKTG 101.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Conduct situational analysis research to guide business and marketing decisions for the sports industry
- Define sports marketing objectives
- Design an integrated marketing plan focused on the sports industry Implement sports marketing tactics, both with traditional and digital marketing platforms
- Establish sports marketing metrics to measure success
- Evaluate sports marketing case studies and other students' work