MKTG 105 Intro to Music Marketing • 2 Cr.
Provides an introduction to the exciting world of music marketing, as well as the career paths that are available to skilled marketing practitioners. This class complements Introduction to Marketing and Introduction to Digital Marketing Platforms, and offers students the chance to build integrated marketing plans that are specific to the music industry. Recommended: MKTG 101.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Conduct situational analysis research to guide business and marketing decisions for the music industry
- Define music marketing objectives
- Design an integrated marketing plan focused on the music industry Implement music marketing tactics, both with traditional and digital marketing platforms
- Establish music marketing metrics to measure success
- Evaluate music marketing case studies and other students' work