MKTG 200 International Marketing • 5 Cr.
This course builds on the fundamentals of MKTG 101 and applies learning to the international business landscape. Students consider the impact of marketing environment variables such as politics, religion, economies, technological advancements, weather, and terrain. Differences between countries are considered and help shape a global strategic approach to a multi-market campaign. Recommended: MKTG 101.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Summarize the ways global trade and cultural differences have shaped international marketing
- Articulate how an increasingly open global economy will impact marketing strategies and technologies
- Collaborate with an international school or program to gain firsthand experience working across cultures
- Evaluate global marketing campaigns, appraising which strategies and tactics were most successful
- Develop a global integrated marketing plan