MKTG 201 Product Development in the Marketing Process • 5 Cr.
Explores the steps necessary to develop a new product idea and bring it to market. Students will conduct research that includes idea generation, product viability, competitive analysis, and consumer needs analysis. Creative brainstorming is balanced with regulatory concerns, licensing, and other challenges related to initial product development. Recommended: MKTG 101.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Conduct primary and secondary research to establish a foundation for new product ideas
- Analyze the competitive landscape and identify market opportunities
- Lead a collaborative ideation process
- Evaluate alternative approaches to product development with their respective benefits and consequences
- Establish a viable project management structure