MKTG 202 Prototyping and Pricing Concerns • 5 Cr.
Students have hands-on experience translating product development ideas in to working models. Prototyping tools allow course participants to create physical models. Product ideation is coupled with price sensitivity research to ensure that ideas will be successful when brought to market. Recommended: MKTG 101.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Establish a plan of action on how product development ideas should be executed in early prototypes
- Build mockups and models to pinpoint areas of concern or new opportunities
- Assess an appropriate cost of goods based on insights derived from research
- Evaluate the financial feasibility of launching a new product
- Recommend appropriate next steps in the implementation of a new product line