MKTG 242 Social Media Strategy • 5 Cr.
Students will learn the fundamentals of social media advertising and marketing, and how those skills impact a larger digital framework. While a hands-on course, the curriculum is focused on the application of social media skills to craft an integrated marketing strategy and executive vision. Recommended: MKTG 102.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Evaluate social media campaigns, identifying successful marketing strategies and tactics
- Develop a comprehensive digital strategy that incorporates major social media platforms
- Execute a media plan for paid efforts within social channels
- Create original content for social media to supplement the advertising strategy
- Establish a comprehensive public relations plan utilizing social media to build and defend your brand's reputation
- Measure branding and direct efforts, and tie online activities back to in-store purchase