MKTG 255 Relationship Marketing • 5 Cr.
Provides an introduction to the field of relationship marketing. Topics include the evolution from one time sales to ongoing brand relationships, lifetime customer value, loyalty programs, customer service software, sales technologies, marketing automation, and customer relationship management (CRM) tools. The class offers students practical, hands-on instruction along with case studies. Previously MKTG 225. Prerequisite: MKTG 102 or MKTG 242.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Articulate the concept of big data, how it impacts marketing efforts, and its relationship to larger business concerns
- Discuss how the ongoing revolution of consumers driving conversations with businesses affects data collection and segmentation
- Evaluate the effectiveness of loyalty programs and decision tree strategies at winning and keeping customers
- Balance ethical guidelines for data capture and usage with the need for operational efficiencies
- Predict future states of social media interaction and measurability to guide long-term marketing strategy
- Winter 2020 (current quarter)