MKTG 261 Marketing Research I • 5 Cr.
Provides an in-depth look at how marketing utilizes business research to solve problems, uncover opportunities, and drive additional revenue. Students will get hands-on experience with business question formulation, data analysis and interpretation, presenting findings to business leaders, and managerial decision-making. Previously MKTG 210. Prerequisite: MKTG 101 or MKTG 200 or MKTG 234.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- State a business research question that can be answered during this academic quarter
- Employ both primary and secondary research to gather data for the business problem
- Explore data sources appropriate for marketing research, and balancing costs and time associated with each to their relative value
- Optimize future marketing campaign efforts based on research findings
- Present findings to stakeholders and explain how they shape larger business concerns