MKTG 262 Measurement and Analytics • 5 Cr.
Provides an in-depth look at marketing measurement, reporting and analytics. Students will get hands-on experience with collecting and housing data sets, establishing business rules for data manipulation, aligning key performance indicators to larger business concerns, data visualization techniques, and interpreting and presenting findings key decision makers. Prerequisites: MKTG 102 or MKTG 242.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Establish key performance indicators for various types of marketing campaigns and preliminary marketing research efforts
- Set up digital marketing tags and other marketing technologies to collect meaningful data sets
- Articulate choices on whether it is better to employ reporting or analytics for different marketing projects based on time and cost considerations
- Produce data visualizations that effectively communicate learnings from marketing campaign data analysis
- Optimize future marketing campaign efforts based on measurement and analytics
- Present findings to stakeholders and explain how they shape larger business concerns