MKTG 301 Media Planning and Buying • 5 Cr.
Media continues to be central to marketing efforts, even as there is a shift from paid impressions to owned and earned activity. Students will explore the roles of media buying and media planning, tackling hands-on projects and communicating the value of different media options to clients and internal partners. Prerequisite: MKTG 234 with a C or better, or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Construct a campaign media plan with strategic insights and recommendations
- Determine the value of different media properties to fit the needs of a brand
- Calculate the costs of various online and offline media placements
- Justify and advocate an appropriate tracking and measurement approach for all media buys
- Integrate media performance analysis to the larger brand measurement story