MKTG 341 Public Relations and Social Listening • 5 Cr.
This promotional marketing course builds on the shift from employing mass media to having conversations with consumers. Social listening tools are employed to document how brands manage their reputations. Students will craft brand communications, measure brand equity, consider data for insights, and engage consumers across digital channels. Prerequisite: Admission to the BAS Digital Marketing program or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Create marketing communications to address brand issues and opportunities
- Generate publicity for companies, individuals and non-profit organizations
- Optimize a comprehensive public relations plan utilizing social media to build and defend your brand's reputation
- Measure brand equity and ongoing engagement with consumers
- Evaluate strategic options and commit to a public relations approach to guide campaign work
- Winter 2020 (current quarter)