MKTG 343 Event Marketing • 5 Cr.
This course connects online consumer engagement with offline promotional activities that result in purchases. Events of all types are employed to drive immediate actions and build brand equity. Students will consider consumer motivations, design event tactics, leverage unique data sets, and contribute to relationship marketing efforts with key customers. Prerequisite: Admission to the BAS Digital Marketing program or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Apply consumer behavior insights to help shape marketing strategies
- Design events that successfully engage customers and results in increased brand equity
- Evaluate the use of events to compliment larger integrated campaign work
- Collect data and optimize event marketing efforts based on the results
- Synchronize multiple marketing efforts with events serving as a bridge between marketing channels