MKTG 434 Branding • 5 Cr.
This marketing course builds on ideas explored in Advertising I and II, expanding the promotional aspect of communicating ideas with customers to a larger brand identity building framework. Students will consider successful branding case studies, and then craft their own brand along with appropriate marketing materials in this innovative course. Prerequisite: MKTG 234 with a C or better, or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Establish a new consumer offering that will require a brand identity for marketing purposes
- Research customer behavior to identify needs and wants, along with the competitive landscape
- Advocate product development choices, pricing, and distribution channels
- Promote the new brand through various marketing communications
- Evaluate the brand equity of the new offering and optimize as needed