MKTG 461 Marketing Research II • 5 Cr.
This advanced marketing course builds on the research process introduced in MKTG 261: Marketing Research I. Students will continue working with local businesses to identify marketing challenges, formulate research problems, design an approach to data collection, handle data sets and derive insights, and make the insights actionable to stakeholders. Prerequisite: MKTG 261 with a C or better, or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Formulate a research problem based on client input
- Determine which data collection methods best serve a research project
- Connect disparate data sources to form relevant data sets that assist with problem solution
- Employ advanced data handling to uncover patterns of consumer behavior
- Evaluate the role of research in the larger marketing framework