MKTG 462 Data Visualization & Advanced Analytics • 5 Cr.
A continuation of materials first explored in MKTG 262: Measurement and Analytics, students will delve deeper on how analytics is maturing from static data reports to complex predictive modeling. Hands-on practice with data visualization and manipulation tools is balanced with the strategic implementation of analytics. Prerequisite: MKTG 262 with a C or better, or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Critique marketing campaigns with an eye towards when to best use various analytic approaches
- Audit digital marketing implementations for optimal traffic, conversion, and return on investment
- Advocate marketing strategies based on patterns of measured consumer behavior
- Utilize data visualizations in measurement reports and analysis to effectively persuade stakeholders
- Construct basic predictive models with marketing data sets
- Fall 2020 (current quarter)