MKTG 492 Capstone • 5 Cr.
Credit is offered for an end-of-program project or professional internship that is aligned with the digital marketing curriculum. This course requires students to define the specific opportunity before enrolling or at the very beginning of the course with the course instructor. Prerequisite: Permission of instructor. Prerequisite: MKTG 462 with a C or better, or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Complete projects with an external organization that both utilizes learning from previous courses and demonstrates practical application of that knowledge
- Evaluate areas of professional strengths and weaknesses with input from internal and external audiences
- Synthesize opportunities for growth into a post-college learning plan and career development road map
- Educate other students through class presentations on knowledge gained from their experience, and how that will provide direction with the search for full-time employment
- Craft portfolio pieces that market the student as a professional, exceptional candidate for employment