MUSC 100 Concert Choir I • V1-3 Cr.
Ensemble provides vocal performance opportunities of traditional choral literature, great masterworks and musical theater scenes. Covers vocal production, reading music, and musical expression. Includes daily and scheduled rehearsals, and performances outside of class. May be repeated for a maximum of 9 credits. Prerequisite: Permission of instructor, upon audition for ensemble.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Improve individual singing.
- Improve aural skills.
- Participate thoughtfully and actively in the choral rehearsal.
- Study, rehearse and perform in public a variety of choral repertoire.
- Perform and explain musical styles of different historical and cultural origins.
- Actively advocate for music in society.