MUSC 132 Group Piano Instruction III • 2 Cr.
Continues MUSC 131 with intermediate level piano keyboard repertory. Recommended: Completion of MUSC 131.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Play at sight intermediate pieces utilizing independent left- and right-hand parts.
- Play all major and minor scales and modes utilizing proper fingering patterns, posture and hand position.
- Play finger and hand strengthening exercises as assigned by instructor.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of intermediate chord theory and structure by playing written parts and deciphering chord symbols.
- Interpret dynamic, tempo, and expression markings to add sensitivity into their performance at the keyboard.
- Prepare for final performance a medium-level "sonatina" or equivalent to be performed at quarter's end with assigned sight-reading and scales.
- Spring 2019 (current quarter)