MUSC 200 Concert Choir II • V1-3 Cr.
Offers performance opportunities for student singers who have completed three quarters of MUSC 100. Students gain understanding and skills essential to group and choral singing. Requires 5 hours of rehearsal per week plus scheduled outside rehearsals and performances. May be repeated for a maximum of 9 credits. Prerequisite: Permission of instructor, upon audition for ensemble.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Improve individual singing.
- Improve aural skills.
- Participate thoughtfully and actively in the choral rehearsal.
- Study, rehearse and perform in public a variety of choral repertoire.
- Perform and explain musical styles of different historical and cultural origins.
- Actively advocate for music in society.