MUSC 205 Vocal Jazz Ensemble • 3 Cr.
Develops the vocal techniques, performance, and recording skills necessary to the contemporary recording studio singer. Ensemble members are selected by audition from college choir members who have completed three quarters of MUSIC 105 or MUSC 109. May be repeated for a maximum of 9 credits. Prerequisite: Permission of instructor (audition) by entry code. Students registered in MUSC 205 must be concurrently enrolled in MUSC 200 unless waived by the department.
Contact Thomas Almli at firstname.lastname@example.org or (425) 564-2089 for information about entry codes.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Refinement of all learning objectives of Music 100
- Refinement of individual ensemble skills:
- Independence of part singing
- Stylistic interpretation
- Score reading
- Sight singing
- Developing endurance for:
- Demands of vocal use,
- Demands of intense rehearsal,
- Prolonged attention span,
- Physical and emotional demands of international touring