NDT 105 Advanced EEG • 3 Cr.
Broaden knowledge of EEG findings in neurological diseases. Emphasizes: adult, pediatric and neonatal EEG correlates, organic brain syndromes and dementias, medication effects, bedside recording, electrocerebral inactivity. Prerequisite: NDT 103.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Evaluate signs, symptoms, and EEG correlates for adult, pediatric and neonatal neurological disorders.
- Evaluate the ACNS guidelines and legal issues associated with recording electrocerebral inactivity.
- Analyze the technical criteria for recording bedside and intensive care unit EEG.
- Recognize medication effects on the EEG background and waveforms.
- Demonstrating knowledge of EEG clinical correlations by reviewing and summarizing EEG recordings.