NDT 105 Advanced EEG • 3 Cr.
Broaden knowledge of EEG findings in neurological diseases. Emphasizes: assessing and analyzing brain death, neonates, organic brain syndromes and dementias, medication effects and the EEG, and bedside recording. Prerequisite: NDT 103. Previously ENDT 105. Either ENDT 105 or NDT 105 may be taken for credit, but not both.
Description starting Summer 2020
Broaden knowledge of EEG findings in neurological diseases. Emphasizes: adult, pediatric and neonatal EEG correlates, organic brain syndromes and dementias, medication effects, bedside recording, electrocerebral inactivity. Prerequisite: NDT 103.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Evaluate signs, symptoms, and EEG correlates for adult, pediatric and neonatal neurological disorders.
- Evaluate the ACNS guidelines and legal issues associated with recording electrocerebral inactivity.
- Analyze the technical criteria for recording bedside and intensive care unit EEG.
- Recognize medication effects on the EEG background and waveforms.
- Demonstrating knowledge of EEG clinical correlations by reviewing and summarizing EEG recordings.
- Spring 2020 (current quarter)