NDT 119 Introductory EEG Skills • 3 Cr.
Introduction to the field of EEG and its use in medicine and surgery. Emphasizes: Electrode application using 10/20 measurement system, simulated patient preparation, and impedance testing. Prerequisite: Acceptance into NDT program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Practice principles of patient safety, HIPPA guidelines, and infection control
- Apply electrodes using paste and skin preparation according to the International 10/20 system with documentation of balanced impedance and adjusted (if required) electrode placements.
- Remove electrode paste/glue from the patient's scalp and hair using safety precautions.
- Clean and disinfect electrodes following Standard Precautions and Transmission-Based Precautions for infection control.
- Fall 2020 (current quarter)