NDT 121 Advanced EEG Skills • 2 Cr.
Broadens knowledge of EEG findings in neurological diseases. Emphasizes: assessing and analyzing brain death, neonates, organic brain syndromes and dementias, medication effects and the EEG, and bedside recording. Prerequisite: NDT 120. Previously ENDT 121. Either ENDT 121 or NDT 121 may be taken for credit, but not both.
Description starting Summer 2020
Broaden knowledge of EEG findings in neurological diseases. Emphasizes: Electrode application using 10/20 measurement system, obtaining pertinent patient history, establishing a safe recording environment and developing a professional rapport with the patient and the patient's family, bedside recording, electrocerebral inactivity. Prerequisite: NDT 120.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Perform a mock electrocerebral inactivity recording according to ACNS guidelines.
- Perform an electrode application with collodion and head wrapping.
- Formulate a technical summary demonstrating knowledge of EEG clinical correlations by reviewing and summarizing EEG recordings.
- Participate in medical simulation scenarios.
- Spring 2020 (current quarter)