NDT 220 NDT Skills I • 2 Cr.
An introduction to other neurodiagnostic recordings used in the neurological area. Emphasis will be placed on polysomnography (sleep disorders) and long-term epilepsy monitoring. Prerequisite: NDT 105 and 121 with a C or better. Previously ENDT 220. Either ENDT 220 or NDT 220 may be taken for credit, but not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Perform polysomnography patient hook-up
- Score sleep stages and respiratory events
- Assess CPAP management for polysomnography
- Assess EKG dysrhythmias and how they relate to polysomnography
- Perform the 10-10 system of electrode placement
- Ensure patient safety and assess patient during and after a seizure
- Fall 2021 (current quarter)