NDT 221 NDT Skills II • 2 Cr.
Introduce other neurodiagnostic recordings used in the neurological area. Emphasizes: intraoperative monitoring and nerve conduction velocity. Prerequisite: NDT 220. Previously ENDT 221. Either ENDT 221 or NDT 221 may be taken for credit, but not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Apply electrical safety principles to ND testing
- Apply principles of electronics to ND
- Explain techniques used in evoked potential intraoperative monitoring
- Explain techniques used in EEG intraoperative monitoring
- Explain the effects of medications during intraoperative monitoring
- Explain techniques used in electromyogram/nerve conduction velocity tests
- Winter 2019 (current quarter)