NDT 232 NDT Clinical III • 12 Cr.
Performance of EEG, evoked potential, polysomnography, intraoperative, nerve conduction studies, and long-term epilepsy monitoring, all within the clinical setting with minimal supervision. Prerequisite: NDT 231. Previously ENDT 232. Either ENDT 232 or NDT 232 may be taken for credit, but not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Perform electrode application for all ND procedures relatively independently
- Record all ND procedures according to ACNS guidelines relatively independently
- Evaluate the waveform display relatively independently
- Recognize and eliminate artifact if possible
- Document all pertinent information relatively independently
- Provide a safe recording environment relatively independently
- Establish rapport with the patient and patient's family relatively independently
- Prepare a basic data sheet ("tech sheet") relatively independently
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Correlate neurological disorders with END findings
- Follow protocol for patient clean-up and room set-up
- Apply principles of electronics and mathematics to recording
- Spring 2019 (current quarter)