NSCOM 202 CISCO Networking II • 5 Cr.
Course uses Cisco internetworking equipment/services to gain hands-on experience in designing and configuring a network. Topics include components of a router and switch, startup and setup, configuring routers and switches, IOS, TCP/IP addressing, routing protocols, and network troubleshooting. Prerequisite: NSCOM 201 with a C or better. Placement by assessment into ENGL& 101, or completion of ENGL 092 or 093 with a C or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the hardware and operating system of a router and a switch.
- Describe the router and switch boot sequence.
- Initially configure a router and switch with and without the setup dialog.
- Modify and save a router and switch configuration file.
- Perform a complete command line interface configuration of a router and switch.
- Configure and verify static and default routes on a router.
- Configure and verify dynamic routing protocols.
- Configure and troubleshoot a simulated Wide Area Network using three or more routers.