NSCOM 203 CISCO Networking III • 5 Cr.
Course uses Cisco internetworking hardware to gain hands-on experience in designing and configuring a local area network (LAN). Topics include OSI model, LAN switching, virtual LANs, LAN design, routing protocols, and network management. Prerequisite: NSCOM 202 with a C or better and ENGL& 101 with a C or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Explain network segmentation by the use of routers and switches.
- Describe virtual Local Area Networks (VLAN) with layer 2 and layer 3 switching.
- Configure a router using Routing Internet Protocol (RIP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) and Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP).
- Implement link aggregation for high availability environments.
- Describe the Internetwork Operating System (IOS) Image types, restoration options and the associated licensing.
- Spring 2020 (current quarter)