NSCOM 204 CISCO Networking IV • 5 Cr.
Course uses Cisco hardware to gain hands-on experience in designing and configuring a wide area network (WAN). Topics include: WAN design, Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP), Quality of Service (QOS), Network Security and Monitoring. Prerequisite: NSCOM 203 with a C or better and ENGL& 101 with a C or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Perform switch and router configurations.
- Modify network configurations to accommodate increased network traffic.
- Configure a site-to-site configuration with Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Internet Security Protocols (IPsec) and Tunnel solutions.
- Maintain network configurations and design documentation.
- Describe professional methods to properly implement network security and monitoring
- Design a Wide Area Network.