NSCOM 221 Implementing Server Operating Systems • 5 Cr.
Course provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to install and configure a Microsoft Windows server operating system for storage, virtualization, and high availability. This course also examines security features of the Microsoft Windows server operating system. Prerequisite: Placement by assessment into ENGL& 101, or completion of ENGL 092 or 093 with a C or better. Recommended: IT 103, NSCOM 201.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Install and optimize the Windows operating system.
- Implement and configure storage solutions.
- Create, configure and utilize virtualization.
- Deploy and configure network services.
- Install and administer a directory service.
- Create and manage policies.
- Implement and configure a high availability system.