NSCOM 231 Introduction to Cloud Architecture and Services • 5 Cr.
This course addresses the principles and concepts of virtualizat ion and cloud Infrastructure technologies. The course is ideal for gaining a broad understanding of the transition from classic data center, to virtualized data center, to the cloud. Prerequisite: TECH 217 with a C or better, and placement by assessment into ENGL& 101, or completion of ENGL 092 or 093 with a C or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe cloud architecture and the available services
- Deploy, manage, and migrate virtual machines and services
- Configure a cloud storage solution
- Describe a system backup and restoration
- Configure a cloud networking service