NURS 120 Nursing Fundamentals • 6 Cr.
The Nursing Fundamentals course provides students with foundational concepts related to nursing practice. This course introduces essential principles of health and wellness, medical terminology, med-math, health assessment, and the nursing process. Formerly known as NURS 100X. Prerequisite: Admission into the Associate Degree Nursing Program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- State components of the professional nurse identity
- Apply the nursing process to promote client health and mitigate safety risks
- Demonstrate cognitive and affective patient centered care skills in delivering safe practice
- Engage in clinical reasoning through exemplars
- Engage constructively and collaboratively with team members
- Discuss the role of quality improvement measures in nursing