NURS 121 Nursing Fundamentals Clinical • 6 Cr.
In this course fundamental concepts and principles of nursing practice are reinforced, and students apply these in laboratory, clinical settings and simulated situations. Course graded credit/no credit. Formerly NURS 100Y and 100Z. Prerequisite: Admission into the Associate Degree Nursing Program. Grading: Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Apply principles of Swanson's Caring Theory to individual clients
- Assess clients for changes in health status
- Identify relevant pathophysiology specific to client's selected diagnoses
- Perform psychomotor interventions safely and effectively
- Identify examples of team functioning and resulting impact on safety and quality of care
- Demonstrate organization skills in the management of client care
- Accept feedback and make appropriate changes in behavior
- Fall 2019 (current quarter)