NURS 122 Nursing Care of the Adult Client I • 6 Cr.
This is the first of two courses applying nursing theory; quality and safety; and evidence based care concepts to individual, adult clients. Professional interactions and teamwork are emphasized. Formerly known as NURS 101X. Prerequisites: NURS 120 with a grade of C or better, and NURS 121 with credit.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Apply the nursing process to adult patients experiencing cardiovascular, neurological, renal, and/or endocrine disorders
- Develop cognitive and effective strategies to provide safe patient-centered care
- Engage in clinical reasoning through exemplars
- Engage constructively and collaboratively with health care team members
- Identify quality improvement measures in nursing practice
- Identify role components of professional nurse identity