NURS 123 Nursing Care of the Adult Client I Clinical • 6 Cr.
This course is the clinical component of NURS 122. Students implement the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation for adult medical-surgical patients. They apply nursing theory, identify physiological changes in these patients, and develop a professional nursing identity. Course graded credit/no credit. Formerly NURS 101Y and 101Z. Prerequisites: NURS 120 with a grade of C or better, and NURS 121 with credit. Grading: Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Apply knowledge learned in previous courses to current client situations
- Participate in constructive interactions, such as conferences, in the clinical setting
- Identify pertinent nursing diagnoses and their etiologies
- Administer medications in a timely and safe manner
- Document client teaching according to agency policies
- Collaborate as a health team member when providing care
- Prioritize care for one client