NURS 124 Nursing Care of the Adult Client II • 6 Cr.
This is the second of two courses applying nursing theory; quality and safety; and evidence-based care concepts to adult clients with acute and chronic health dysfunctions. Developing professional interactions are emphasized. Formerly NURS 102X. Prerequisites: NURS 122 with a grade of C or better, and NURS 123 with credit.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Apply the nursing process to adult patients experiencing respiratory, gastrointestinal, eye, ear, musculoskeletal, and/or blood disorders
- Discuss and describe cognitive and affective safe patient-centered care strategies
- Engage in clinical reasoning through exemplars
- Identify the wide range of opportunities for the professional nurse
- Engage constructively and collaboratively with health care team members
- Use quality improvement measures in nursing care