NURS 125 Nursing Care of the Adult Client II Clinical • 6 Cr.
This course is the clinical component of NURS 124. The students gain experience in medical-surgical settings applying nursing theory and quality and safety concepts to clients with acute and chronic health dysfunctions. Students also further develop a professional nurse identity. Formerly NURS 102Y & NURS 102Z. Prerequisites: NURS 122 with a grade of C or better, and NURS 123 with credit. Grading: Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Apply knowledge learned from previous courses to current client situations
- Communicate clear, concise, and relevant data to staff and instructor
- Assess clients for change in health status in a timely manner
- Identify relevant pathophysiology specific to client's diagnoses
- Demonstrate psychomotor interventions with efficiency and timeliness
- Identify client's learning needs and execute teaching plan
- Demonstrate organizational skill in management of client care