NURS 253 Behavioral Health Clinical • 2 Cr.
Provides experience in acute inpatient psychiatric facilities and various community-based mental health programs. Students practice the nursing process in providing client-centered care. Formerly NURS 221Z. Prerequisites: NURS 124 with a grade of C or better, and NURS 125 with credit. Grading: Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Assess client for pertinent changes in health status in a timely manner
- Establish and maintain a therapeutic relationship with a psychiatric client
- Identify and reduce safety risks for psychiatric patients
- Collaborate with health team members for effective continuity of care
- Use systematic documentation to increase the accuracy of clinical records
- Identify technology and information management systems to support safe processes of care
- Fall 2019 (current quarter)