NURS 255 Nusring Care of the Pediatric Client Clinical • 5 Cr.
This course provides students the opportunity to engage in health promotion of the pediatric patient and family. Students apply developmental theory and principles of pediatric safety to deliver family-centered care. Students also gain confidence in articulating nursing priorities and developing clinical reasoning and reflective practice in the care of pediatric patients. Formerly NURS 231Y and 231Z. Prerequisites: NURS 252 with a grade C or better, and NURS 253 with credit. Grading: Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify and reduce safety risks for pediatric patients
- Identify pediatric patient and family learning needs and execute teaching plan
- Use systematic documentation to increase the accuracy of clinical records
- Execute nursing process based upon principles of pathophysiology, evidence-based practice, and individualized patient assessment
- Integrate input from other health care team members to improve individual and team performance