NURS 485 Fieldwork in Community and Public Health Nursing • 4 Cr.
This course provides fieldwork for students to apply nursing theory and nursing process while working collaboratively with families, communities, and populations. Fieldwork experience focuses on health promotion, disease prevention, patient education, and case management. Prerequisite: Successful completion of NURS 410.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Examine approaches to defining and conceptualizing family, community, and population health.
- Identify and involve stakeholders (agency and/or community) in community assessment.
- Assess health/illness beliefs, values, attitudes, and practices of individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations.
- Apply the strategies and techniques for collecting, organizing, and analyzing information required for a comprehensive understanding of family and community health.
- Apply relevant theory and evidence-based nursing interventions to carry out actions of a project plan.