OLS 126 Cultural Awareness • 2 Cr.
Increases cultural awareness both locally and globally. Students begin by reflecting on their own culture and examine how cultural diffusion effects the lens in which they see the world. Students explore how culture, gender, race, politics, and religion shape their lives and the importance of diversity. Prerequisite: OLS 111, 113, 114 and acceptance to the program. Course is graded Credit/No Credit.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Discuss and define culture
- Define the dimenstions of diversity and identify how it relates to daily life and global affairs
- Define and discuss cultural filters
- Discuss the influence culture has on behavior and social interactions
- Identify ways in which to reorganize established cultural filters
- Articulate how cultural awareness and sensitivity translates into the workforce
- Demonstrate ways in which to promote cultural awareness in the workplace
- Fall 2021 (current quarter)